Monday, August 13, 2007

Disney Vacation

Disney Vacation Follow-up

If man to man sex is not your thing. THEN DON'T READ THIS!

Wow! I couldn't believe my eyes were reading what they were! Could this be
true or just a very vivid dream? Had four years really elapsed? I mean the
memory of those events were still fresh in my memory. But here it was an
e-mail that totally blew me away.

`Hi Grant -- Hope all is well with you. It has been a while hasn't it. Just
thought I'd let you know that I would be vacationing in the Bay Area of
Northern California this year. Would like it very much of we could get
together for lunch one day. I'll be keeping an eye open for your reply. --
Always yours -- Reggie.'

Yet there it was, staring out at me from my e-mail box. The South African
young man that had totally taken a piece of my heart four years ago at
Disney World, and he was coming to Northern California for a visit. (See
Disney Vacation -- Adult/Youth -- Feb 2003) I had gotten an e-mail from
time to time from Reggie, just like staying in touch. Telling what he was
doing and then I'd reply what was going on in my life. But never thought in
a million years he would make it to the West Coast! I pecked out an e-mail
asking if this was for real and that I had hoped it was. I hit send and
waited impatiently for a response.

A couple days went by, then a week, week and a half...two weeks...two and a
half weeks. Then FINALLY I get a response. Do I dare open it? Hell yeah I'm
gonna open it! And yes he was headed this way. He would arrive in May at
the San Francisco International Airport. I immediately replied wanting more
details. Being it was January there was plenty of time to plan. And now
that I was a single guy my life was just a bit simpler.

As May grew closer our plans were getting more detailed. I asked him why
the vacation to the West Coast. He said since he had always wanted to see
San Francisco, he might as well come and check it out. Told him I would be
glad to be his "tour guide' for not only SF but Northern California as
well. When I asked how much time he had, two weeks was the answer, and that
he had already booked a hotel for the first week. I told him that we could
use that as a base and make a few day trips to the surrounding areas. Now
my mind was racing with thoughts. I wanted to spend every waking moment
with him. I had already scheduled the time off from my job. So my plate was
clean.

I was nervous and anxious. I began to hit the gym an extra day during the
week, trying to shed a few extra pounds and tone up my "love handles". I
wanted to make a good first impression as he came off the airplane. I even
picked up some "Just for Men" to tone down my graying hair. I know sounds a
bit vain don't it! But hey, I wanted to be the best I could. Got me some
new clothes sunbathed by the pool at my apartment more and was getting more
and more excited as his day of arrival drew near. Didn't want to scare him
off on our first meeting!

About a week before the purposed arrival date, I get an e-mail saying that
he will be arriving a day earlier. Since his stay at the St. Francis didn't
begin until the next day, he would have to get a motel for the night. Told
him not to worry that I would get that all taken care of. I booked a room
at the Crowne Plaza in Burlingame for the evening. It's very nice place to
say the least but not near the plushness of the historical and legendary
St. Francis Hotel at Union Square. Reggie said the stay was a gift from his
grandparents because they wanted to make sure he had a good time. Lucky
young man eh? Anyway since the company I work for gets a discount at the
Crowne Plaze, I decided to get to San Francisco the day before. Not that I
was excited or anything, yeah right!

The time had come to leave for SF. I packed my bags, fueled up the Diamante
and headed West on 80 out of Sacramento. My mind was racing with thoughts.
Too many what if's, why's and how come's was clogging my brainwaves. The
more I thought the faster I went. When I realized how fast I was going, I
had to make it an effort to stay with the flow of traffic. Dang, I was just
cruising and flowing in and out of cars as if I were on a racetrack! I was
lucky that the CHP hadn't pulled me over a few times! But once I came back
to reality, I was doing just fine.

I pulled in the reception area of the Crowne Plaze and walked to the
registration desk. An attractive middle aged lady checked me out as I
walked past and then gave a big smile and said "Hello". I smiled and
returned the greeting keeping my destination in focus. Once at the desk I
turned back to the lady and she was looking at me as well. We both smiled
and then went to our business. `Hmmm' I questioned myself, `Do I still have
IT!' Got my room key for the 7th floor room and then I was on my way to
park my car.

As I unpacked, I looked at myself in the full length mirror. It did appear
that those extra days in the gym and the poolside basking did help. Heck, I
check me out if I wasn't me! No wonder that lady was giving me the once
over. `Maybe I should mosey down to the lounge to see if she is there' I
thought. `No you idiot!' my inner self answered, `You have a special person
coming tomorrow, WAIT!' And there was my answer. Just chill out for the
evening with room service and a movie, and then if I could get any sleep.

Somehow and someway I managed to fall asleep. With Reggie's flight arriving
at 12:40 p.m. I had set my alarm for 9:00 a.m. And the alarm did wake me
up. I was sleeping so soundly that at first I didn't realize where I
was. But then the soft and comfortable king sized bed reminded me I was at
the Crowne Plaza. And that today was THE day. I hopped out of bed, started
the morning coffee and then turned on the hot water. After a visit with
Mother Nature is was time to get clean and awake. Well one part of me was
awake that's for sure. It seemed he was just as excited to see Reggie as I
was. I didn't even dare to get over zealous in washing him. Didn't want him
to go off to soon, if you know what I mean. A quick shave, down a cup of
coffee, scrub the teeth and floss and then a blow dry of the hair, a few
pumps of hair spray along with a few squirts of Beckham cologne, throw on
my new clothes and I was looking sharp. If you would've touched me I bet I
would have cut you I was so sharp! I fired up my laptop to check the
arrival time. His flight was going to be right on-time in SFO and the
International terminals. God I was getting butterflies already! I could
hardly wait to see him. I headed down stairs with plenty of time to
spare. There was a Continental Breakfast being served, so I took the time
to partake. I poured a cup of coffee, grab a Danish and scooped up some
fresh melon and berries into a bowl and topped it with some raspberry
Dannon yogurt. As I sat down I heard, `That's an appetizing bowl of fruit.'
Looking to my right I see the lady that had given me once over last
night. `Shall I make you a bowl as well?' I questioned. `Oh no, but do you
mind if I join you.' she replied. I shook my head no and pulled the seat
out for her. We sat there making idle chatter, the weather, cost of gas,
how nice the Crowne Plaza was until I had finished my breakfast. Looking at
my watch I said that I must say good bye saying that a friend was arriving
very shortly at the airport. We both said our good byes telling each other
how much we had enjoyed our morning coffee. But then she continued to talk
and almost followed me out of the hotel telling me `See you later!' I just
smiled and waved good bye as I almost ran for my car.

Now here I am standing in the baggage claim area at SFO, San Francisco
International Airport. The flight data board said the Reggie's flight was
on-time and should be landing anytime. God! I have got to tell you that I
was as nervous as a bank teller looking down the barrel of a robber's .44
magnum and my mind still is racing with thoughts. I was keeping an eye on
all of the baggage claim carousels when I noticed that the flight data
board was now showing `AT GATE' next to Reggie's flight. If I had opened my
mouth the butterflies would have surely escaped! Then three bag carousels
down I see Reggie's flight number being displayed. Hmm...Do I hang back and
be Mr. Incognito? Nah, I'll just head over to that carousel and wait there.
So I stroll nonchalantly over to carousel number 6 as I discretely scan the
area.

No comments: